National Mission for Clean Ganga under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation in collaboration with Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK) announced the formal launch of Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (CGRBMS) in New Delhi.
The Ministry signed a 10 year Memorandum of Agreement with IITK for provision of continual scientific support in the implementation and dynamic evolution of the Ganga River Basin Management Plan.
Delivering the key note address on the occasion, Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation explained in detail why the Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies is needed for the mission and how important is this collaboration. Ministry was focused on cleaning the Ganga by setting up Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs) and Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs).
According to Dr. Vinod Tare, Professor IITK the Ganga River Basin Management Plan 2015 by IIT Consortiums has provided strategic action plans, some policy interventions and management action along with financial implications. These plans shall be further detailed by the centre with financial, social, economical and environment implications, he added.
1. Centre for Ganga River Basin Management and Studies (CGRBMS)
2. Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs)
3. Effluent Treatment Plants (ETPs)
4. Ministry of Water Resources
– Cabinet minister: Uma Bharti
– Minister of state: Sanwar Lal Jat
So lets do:
1. Who is the Minister of Water Resources?
2. Expand the CGRBMS,STPs and ETPs?
3. National Mission for Clean Ganga comes under which Ministry?
Source – The HIndu