Defence Minister Arun Jaitley handed over three naval systems, developed by premier Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) to the Indian Navy.
The naval systems, given to Indian Navy, are USHUS-II submarine sonar, directing gear for hull-mounted sonar array and inertial navigation system for ship applications. Sonars detect objects on or under the water and the latest systems are expected to significantly enhance the navy’s navigation and communication network.
Takeaways from above news-
- DRDO full form is Defence Research and Development Organisation
- DRDO headquarter is in New Delhi
- DRDO was founded in 1958
- DRDO chairman is S.Christopher
- Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) of Indian Navy is Sunil Lanba
- Defense Minister of India is Arun Jaitley
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindu