Nepali Prime Minister Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is on his first visit to China after assuming the charge as Prime Minister. China will build a railway connecting the western region of Tibet with Nepal, one of several bilateral deals signed during Oli’s visit to Beijing. The link will connect the Tibetan city of Xigaze with Nepal’s capital Kathmandu.
The two sides signed more than 10 agreements involving technology, transportation, infrastructure and political cooperation. Nepal has already scrapped a $2.5 billion deal with China’s state-owned Gezhouba Group to build a hydropower facility in the west of the country.
Source- The Hindu
Static/Current Takeaways Important for SBI PO/Clerk Exam 2018-
- Khadga Prasad Sharma Oli is the current Prime Minister of Nepal.
- Bidhya Devi Bhandari is the current President of Nepal and commander in chief of Nepalese Army.
- The Nepalese Rupee is the currency of Nepal.
- Kathmandu is Capital of Nepal.
- China Capital- Beijing, Currency- Renminbi, President- Xi Jinping.