Railway’s Online Travel Portal, www.irctc.co.in has now launched beta version of its new User Interface. The new link has more user friendly features for easier navigation. By creating Next Generation e-Ticketing (NGeT) system the new online ticket booking system of Railways provides an easy and fast way of booking rail tickets by automating the journey planning and purchase of tickets.
Salient features of the New User Interface are:
1. A user can now enquire/search trains and check the availability of seats without login also. User can now change font size throughout the website for the comfortable viewing experience.
2. The new look and feel will have enhanced class-wise, train-wise, destination-wise, departure/arrival time wise and quota-wise filters for facilitating customer while planning their journeys.
3. In addition, more features such as new filters on ‘My Transactions’ where user can also view their booked tickets based on Journey Date, Booking Date, Upcoming Journey and completed journey.
4. To enhance customer’s booking experience, interesting features like ‘Waitlist prediction’, etc have been introduced. Using this feature, user can get the probability of a Waitlisted or RAC ticket getting confirmed.
5. The new look and feel is providing the facility for the user to find out the availability up to the entire Advance Reservation Period i.e. 120 days at present, except few trains.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)
Static/Current Takeaways Important for NABARD Grade-A Exam 2018-
- Piyush Goyal is the present Cabinet Minister of Indian Railways.
- John Mathai was the first Railways Minister of Independent India.