The NITI Aayog released the Baseline Report of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India Index, which comprehensively documents the progress made by India’s States and Union Territories towards implementing the 2030 SDG targets.
The SDG India Index, which was developed in collaboration with the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Global Green Growth Institute and United Nations in India, was launched by NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar.
|SDG India Index Score Range||42-69||57-68|
|Top Performer/s||Himachal Pradesh & Kerala||Chandigarh|
|Aspirant||Uttar Pradesh||Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
1. Himachal Pradesh ranks high on providing clean water & sanitation.
2. Kerala’s top rank is attributed to its superior performance in providing good health, reducing hunger, achieving gender equality & providing quality education.
3. Chandigarh leads because of its exemplary performance in providing clean water & sanitation, affordable & clean energy, generating decent work & economic growth, & providing quality education.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018:
- NITI- National Institution for Transforming India.
- NITI Aayog Vice-Chairman- Rajiv Kumar, CEO- Amitabh Kant.