NORTH KOREA launched at least two ballistic missiles into the sea, according to South Korean and US officials, prompting swift condemnation from neighboring countries including Japan.
South Korea’s Joint Chiefs of Staff said the first missile flew 800 kilometers (500 miles) before plummeting off the North’s east coast on Friday. The second missile was in the air shortly after the first, and vanished from radar at an altitude of approximately 17 kilometers.
North korea in recent Activity
Ri Myong Su Appointed As New Military Chief Of North Korea.
- North Korea, officially the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, is a country in East Asia, in the northern part of the Korean Peninsula.
- Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe condemned North Korea’s actions and called on the country “to exercise self-restraint.” He said Japan would take “precautionary measures,” including surveillance.
- According to South Korea’s Yonhap news agency, the country’s military officials suggested that the second missile possibly detonated in air, failing to reach its target area.
- Capital: Pyongyang
- Currency: North Korean won
- North Korea president – Kim Jong-un
So lets do:
- Who is the president of North Korea?
Source – CNN