National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), the umbrella organisation for all retail payment systems in the country, has disbursed over Rs. 245 crore worth of prize money to about 18 lakh winners under the NITI Aayog’s Lucky Draw schemes for consumers and merchants which are Lucky Grahak Yojna (LGY) and Digi-Dhan Vyapar Yojna (DVY).
This initiative was announced to encourage people to carry out more digital transactions. There are three mega prizes for consumers worth Rs. 1 crore, Rs. 50 lakh and Rs. 25 lakh. For merchants too there would be three mega prizes worth Rs. 50 lakh, Rs. 25 lakh and Rs. 12 lakh.
Takeaways from above News-
- NPCI disbursed Rs. 245 crore in prize money under Niti Aayog’s Lucky Draw scheme
- NPCI full form is National Payment Corporation of India
- NPCI headquarter is in Mumbai and was founded in 2008
- NITI aayog Chairman is Shri Narendra Modi
- Full form of NITI is National Institute of Transforming India.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Economic Times