US President Barack Obama embarked on a historic trip to Cuba more than a year after Washington reset its foreign policy towards the island following decades of Cold War animosity that almost led to a nuclear war.
The three-day trip – the first by a US president in 88 years – was unthinkable until Obama and Cuban President Raul Castro agreed in December 2014 to re-establish diplomatic ties. The US broke off ties with the communist nation of 11 million when Cuban revolutionaries led by Fidel Castro ousted a pro-American government in 1959.
- Cuba, a large Caribbean island nation under communist rule, is known for its white-sand beaches, rolling mountains, cigars and rum. Its colorful capital, Havana, features well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture within its 16th-century core, Old Havana, loomed over by the pre-revolutionary Capitolio.
- Raúl Castro is cuban president.
- cuba currency is Cuban peso.
So lets do:
- Who is the Cuba President?
- US President Barack Obama Historic visited to which country after 88years?
Source – The Hindu