Sixteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won his sixth Asian Billiards title and seventh overall Asian championship. The ace cueist defeated his compatriot Sourav Kothari 6-3 in an entertaining final of the Asian Billiards Championship in Chandigarh.
The first session saw Kothari run away with a 3-1 lead before the interval. Advani, taking full advantage of the break, regrouped and came out all guns blazing to win the next frames on the trot to win his sixth Asian Billiards and seventh overall Asian championship.
Takeaways from above News-
- Pankaj Advani won his sixth Asian Billiards title.
- At the tender age of 18, Pankaj won his first World Title in 2003.
- He is the only person in the history of the game to have won both the billiards and snooker IBSF World Titles as well as the World Professional Billiards Championship.
- His excellence in the sport has also earned him the highest sporting honor – Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2006.
- Pankaj Advani Born in Pune on 24 July 1985.
- Advani won his sixth Asian Billiards title and seventh overall Asian championship.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindustan Times