India’s first indigenous composites sonar dome, a ship’s underwater eyes and ears, was today flagged off by Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar from here to be delivered to Mazgaon docks in Mumbai.Designed and produced by a Defence and Research Development Organisation (DRDO) lab in Pune, the sonar dome is a first of its kind in the country and has been manufactured by a composites manufacturing company.
This is a huge contribution by Indian Industry to the ‘Make in India’ movement, Defence Ministry officials. Only a couple of companies worldwide have the capability of realising such structures. All anti-submarine warfare (ASW) ships have a sonar array fitted to the ship structure below the waterline. The sonar functions as the ship’s underwater eyes and ears.
- The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is an agency of the Republic of India, charged with the military’s research and development, headquartered in New Delhi, India. It was formed in 1958 by the merger of the Technical Development Establishment and the Directorate of Technical Development and Production with the Defence Science Organisation. It is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
- Defence and Research Development Organisation (DRDO) Chairman – Avinash Chander
- Defence Minister of india – Manohar Parrikar
So lets do:
- Who is the DRDO Chairman?
- __________ flags off India’s first indigenous Sonar Dome.
- Who is the Defence Minister of india
Source – he Hindu