This portal facilitates Ex-Servicemen and dependents to submit online applications under various welfare schemes. This portal developed by the National Informatics Centre(NIC) at a cost of 58.93 lakhs rupees. It will later contain workflow software for all the schemes of the Secretariat which will provide complete information about Kendriya Sainik Board secretariat, its welfare schemes and allied activities.
- The National Informatics Centre (NIC) is the premier science & technology organisation of India’s Union Government in informatics services and information-and-communication- technology (ICT) applications. The NIC is a part of the Indian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology’s Department of Electronics & Information Technology.
- Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare( Poorva Senani Kalyan Vibhag) is a department, in Ministry of Defence, India. It was set up in 2004. The head of Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare since its inception has been a bureaucrat from the IAS.
So lets do:
- Who is the Defence minister of India?
- Who is the Minister of State for Defence?
- Who is the Minister of Communications and Information Technology?