PVR Ltd, India’s biggest multiplex chain, and mobile payments company Paytm announced a partnership to sell movie tickets on the e-commerce platform. This marks Alibaba-backed Paytm’s foray into the online movie ticketing segment, and the firm will now compete with online tickets booking company Bigtree Entertainment, which operates as Bookmyshow.com.
The size of the movie-ticketing market in India is $2 billion, growing at 10 per cent annually. The share of online movie marketing is just 15 per cent, and Paytm said it is looking to double it in quick time. It has set aggressive targets, with its base of over 125 million registered users and 90 million orders per month.
- Paytm is an Indian e-commerce shopping website headquartered in Noida, India, launched in 2010. It is owned by One97 Communications The firm started by offering mobile recharging, adding bill payment
- Paytm intends to double the share in quick time. It already has more than 125 million registered users and clocks 90 million orders every month.
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma founder and chief executive officer Paytm.
So lets do:
- Who is the CEO of mobile payments company Paytm?
- Recently Paytm tieup to sell online movie ticketing company?
Source – The Hindu