Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar jointly inaugurated India-Bangladesh Power Grid Transmission line through video-conference
PM Narendra Modi, inaugurated a transmission line from Tripura that will supply 100 MW power to Bangladesh Modi inaugurated the new line via video conferencing from Agartal. The power generated from Palatana generating station will be given to Bangladesh. In return, Bangladesh expressed their contribution by providing 10GB Internet Bandwidth to India The Internet will be available in the north-eastern states
In 2012, during Bangladesh PM’s visit to Tripura it was discussed to obtain power from Palatana project Bangladesh receives 500 MW of power from India. Both the nations are now connected through communication, power, surface links
- Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar too stressed that the development activities in both countries will now get further boost.
- External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said relations between the two countries have never been as good as it is now.
- The agreement between India and Bangladesh for this project was signed at Dhaka on June 6 in the presence of Prime Ministers of both the countries.
- prime minister of bangladesh is Sheikh Hasina.
So lets do:
- Who is the Chief minister of Tripura?
- Who is the Prime minister of Bangladesh?
Source – The Hindu