Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammad bin Zayed al Nahyan held bilateral talks at the Presidential Palace in Abu Dhabi, the UAE. It was his second visit to the United Arab Emirates. PM Modi also laid the foundation stone of the first Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi. The two sides inked 5 agreements related to energy & railway sectors, manpower and financial services.
The 5 MoUs signed between the two nation are as follows-
1. MoU between a consortium led by ONGC and Abu Dhabi national oil company for acquisition of 10% stake in offshore concession was inked.
2. MoU aiming to institutionalize employment of Indian workers in UAE to safeguard their interests was also signed.
3. MoU aiming at technical cooperation in rail sector between Ministry of railways and Federal transport authority and maritime of UAE signed.
4. In the area of financial services, MoU between BSE and Abu Dhabi Securities exchange was also inked.
5. MoU between Government of Jammu and Kashmir and DP World was also signed to establish multi-modal logistics park and hub in Jammu comprising warehouses and specialized storage solutions.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Exam-
- The United Arab Emirates Capital- Abu Dhabi, Currency- United Arab Emirates dirham.
Source- DD News