Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) is a rural development programme broadly focusing upon the development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community.
Prime Minister Narendra modi is member of parliament from varanasi utter pardesh. PM has selected another village for adoption in his Varanasi Constituency of U.P. for development under the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY). Nagepur, a village dominated by backward castes has been selected under the second phase of the Yojana. Earlier, Prime Minister had adopted Jayapur village in the same Varanasi constituency in the first phase in 2014.
- The programme was launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11 October 2014.
- Objectives – The development of model villages, called Adarsh Grams, through the implementation of existing schemes, and certain new initiatives to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of local development which can be replicated in other villages.
- Chief Development Officer(CDO).
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) started from?
- Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi adopted which village under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY)?