Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PowerGrid) has commissioned a record Rs.30,300 crore worth of projects in the last fiscal and also achieved planned capital expenditure of Rs.22,500 crore. It is the highest-ever commissioning achieved by the Navratna company in its history.
During 2015-16, tenders for transmission projects worth more than Rs.50,000 crore were released, setting a new benchmark for highest-ever tenders in a single year by the company. During the year, the company also awarded contracts for 270 packages worth Rs.22,000 crore and investment approvals for projects worth Rs.13,200 crore.
- The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company
- headquartered in Gurgaon, India. POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
- The highlights of the year include establishment of two new international inter-connections — one with Nepal and the other with Bangladesh.
- Union Minister of Power – Piyush Goyal
So lets do:
- Who is the Union Minister of Power?
- PowerGrid commissions ______ crore projects last fiscal.
Source – The Hindu