The much awaited Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana has been launched by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi that envisages the vision of Housing for All by the year 2022.The government of India had earlier launched ‘Housing for All’ scheme, which has now been reformed as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana. The Scheme has been launched by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi on 25th June 2015.
This scheme comes with an aim of constructing more than 2 Cr. houses across the length and breadth of the nation within a span of next seven years. This means the scheme which is started in year 2015 would conclude successfully in the year 2022. The target beneficiaries of the scheme would be poor and people living under EWS and LIG categories in urban establishments of the country.
- The government would provide an interest subsidy of 6.5% on housing loans availed by the beneficiaries for a period of 15 years from the start of loan.
- The houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana would be allotted to preferably the female member of the family. Along with this, preference would be given to the female applicants, in general. This scheme could well be termed as a pro-women scheme.
- While allotting ground floors in any housing scheme under the PMAY, preference would be given to differently-abled and older people.
- Minister of Urban Development of India – Venkaiah Naidu
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister of Urban Development of India?
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing for All _____ Scheme.
Source the – The Hindu