President Pranab Mukherjee inaugurate the 150th anniversary celebrations of the Allahabad High Court.
He will be accompanied by Chief Justice of India T.S. Thakur, more than six apex court judges and many judges from various high courts of different states.
Security has been spruced up in and around the court premises which has been lit up for the occasion in Lucknow.
Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav will also be present at this occasion in Allahabad. The president will arrive in a special Indian Air Force (IAF) plane at 12 noon, drive straight to the high court where he would participate in the hour-long event.
A high court of judicature for the north-western provinces came into existence at Agra in Uttar Pradesh under a letters patent of March 17, 1866. Its seat was shifted from Agra to Allahabad in 1869 and its designation was altered to the high court of judicature at Allahabad by a supplementary letters patent issued on March 11, 1919.
- The Allahabad High Court or the High Court of Judicature at Allahabad is a high court based in Allahabad that has jurisdiction over the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
- It was established in 1869, making it one of the first high courts to be established in India.
So lets do:
- Who is the Chief Justice of india?
- Ram naik is the governor of which state?
- Which high court Celebrate 150th anniversary?
- Who is the chief minister of india?
Source – Business-standard