As per the official report, the trial of the sophisticated missile was successful and the mission objectives were met.
About PRITHVI-II Missile in Brief-
- The Prithvi-II missile is capable of carrying 500 kg to 1,000 kg of warheads and is thrusted by liquid propulsion twin engines.
- It uses advanced inertial guidance system with manoeuvring trajectory to hit its target with precision and accuracy.
- It is surface-to-surface missile, which has a strike range of 350 km,
- The technological program was monitored by the scientists of the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as part of a training exercise.
- DRDO was formed in 1958
- Dr S Christopher is the current Chairman of DRDO
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Island, formerly known as Wheeler Island is located in Odisha