India’s off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy for being named the ICC Cricketer of the Year as well as the ICC Test Cricketer of the Year in Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh.
With this Ashwin has become the third Indian and the 12th player overall to win the award after Rahul Dravid in 2004 and Sachin Tendulkar in 2010.
Takeaways from above News-
- Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy
- R Ashwin is the third Indian to receive this Trophy. Rahul Dravid was first (2004) and Sachin Tendulkar was second (2010)
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the ICC to its chosen world player of the year
- The trophy is handcrafted by leading international crystal manufacturer Swarovski
- The trophy is named after former West Indies cricket captain Sir Garfield Sobers.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindu