With this Ashwin has become the third Indian and the 12th player overall to win the award after Rahul Dravid in 2004 and Sachin Tendulkar in 2010.
- Ravichandran Ashwin received Garfield Sobers Trophy
- R Ashwin is the third Indian to receive this Trophy. Rahul Dravid was first (2004) and Sachin Tendulkar was second (2010)
- Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy is a cricket trophy awarded annually by the ICC to its chosen world player of the year
- The trophy is handcrafted by leading international crystal manufacturer Swarovski
- The trophy is named after former West Indies cricket captain Sir Garfield Sobers.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section