The leg-spinner from Afghanistan, Rashid Khan (19-year-old) has become the youngest captain in international cricket history. He now holds the ICC No. 1 rank for bowlers in both the ODIs and T20Is and also became the youngest player ever to hold the top spot for any form of ICC men’s ranking.
Youngest captains in international cricket:
- Rashid Khan (Afghanistan) – 19 years 159 days.
- Rajin Saleh (Bangladesh) – 20 years 297 days.
- Rodney Trott (Bermuda) – 20 years 332 days.
- Tatenda Taibu (Zimbabwe) – 20 years 342 days.
- Nawab Pataudi (India) – 21 years 77 days.
Source- The Times Now