National Informatics Centre (NIC) and National Informatics Centre Services Incorporated (NICSI) have jointly set up a Centre of Excellence for data analytics to support Government departments to unlock the hidden potential of the data that they are generating as part of the governance processes and use it to improve the overall governance.
Launch of Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics (CEDA) was done by the Union Minister of Electronics & Information Technology, Ravi Shankar Prasad, as part of Workshop on Data Analytics in Government.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)
Static/Current Takeaways Important for RRB Clerk Exam 2018-
- National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976.
- NIC Headquarters in New Delhi.
- Ms. Neeta Verma is the Director General of NIC.
- National Informatics Centre Services Inc. (NICSI) was established in 1995.
- NICSI Headquarters in New Delhi.