In its 5th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting, the Reserve Bank of India has decided to keep the policy repo rate unchanged to 5.15%. The MPC has also decided to maintain the accommodative stance of monetary policy to revive growth, while ensuring that inflation remains within the target. The main decisions taken in the 5th Bi-Monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting are:
- The repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) left unchanged to 5.15%.
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands same i.e. 4.90%.
- The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate also remains same i.e. 5.40%.
- RBI has also reduced the real GDP growth for 2019-20 from 6.1% to 5%.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For LIC Assistant Mains:
- Governor of RBI: Shaktikant Das; Headquarters: Mumbai; Founded: 1 April 1935, Kolkata.
Source: The Reserve Bank of India