Union Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy Launches Transnational Skill Standards in India Union Minister Rajiv Pratap Rudy launched Transnational Skill Standards benchmarked to the United Kingdom across 82 identified job roles, aiming to to support international mobility of Indian workforce.
Besides, the launch also signing of Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) that will enable sharing of best practice, staff exchange, and development of new models to increase employer engagement and investment in skills.
India and the UK have been collaborating on skill development since a long time now and this is yet another effort to bring more quality in vocational education which will open more avenues for employment across countries for the youth.
National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC):
NSDC provides funding to build scalable, for-profit vocational training initiatives. Its mandate is also to enable support systems such as quality assurance, information systems and train the trainer academies either directly or through partnerships.
NSDC acts as a catalyst in skill development by providing funding to enterprises, companies and organisations that provide skill training. It will also develop appropriate models to enhance, support and coordinate private sector initiatives. The differentiated focus for the 21 sectors under NSDC’s purview and its understanding of their viability will make every sector attractive to private investment.
- The Transnational Standards highlight the gaps between Indian Standards against the UK standards and provide a workable document to create bridge courses on the identified gaps between the standards of the two countries.
- Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister – Rajiv Pratap Rudy
So lets do:
1. Who is the British High Commissioner to India?
2. Who is the Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Minister?
3. Recently Who Launched the Transnational Skill Standards in India?
Source – The Hindu