Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar made his first investment in a technology start-up, a firm that makes smart devices, for which he will also be a brand ambassador.
Tendulkar had earlier made seven investments — the Mumbai franchisee of the Indian Tennis League, the Kochi Franchisee of the Indian Super League, the Sachins and Tendulkar’s restaurant, among others, but the investment in Smarton, a Hyderabad-based start-up is the first technology investment.
Smartron, an Internet of Things company, which builds a host of internet connected devices for consumers and enterprises has roped in a star for a percentage of stake. Founded in August 2014, the company says it will launch its products in the first quarter of the upcoming FY17.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar:
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar is a former Indian cricketer and captain, widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen of all time. He took up cricket at the age of eleven, made his Test debut on 15 November 1989 against Pakistan in Karachi at the age of sixteen, and went on to represent Mumbai domestically and India internationally for close to twenty-four years. He is the only player to have scored one hundred international centuries, the first batsman to score a double century in a One Day International, holds the record for most number of runs in both ODI and Test cricket, the only player to complete more than 30,000 runs in international cricket
- Tendulkar received the Arjuna Award in 1994 for his outstanding sporting achievement, the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award in 1997, India’s highest sporting honour, and the Padma Shri and Padma Vibhushan awards in 1999 and 2008, respectively, India’s fourth and second highest civilian awards.
- In December 2012, Tendulkar announced his retirement from ODIs.
- Tendulkar played 664 international cricket matches in total, scoring 34,357 runs.
So lets do:
- Recently Sachin Tendulkar announced to invests in which smart phone manufaturer company?
- Smartron India Announced to which Indian cricketer as brand ambassador?
Source – The Hindu