American tennis star Serena Williams kept her lead in the women’s rankings, while Polish Agnieszka Radwanska returned to the second place.
The Polish player is ahead of German Angelique Kerber, who dropped to the third place with 5.740 points. In the women’s doubles, India’s Sania Mirza and her Swiss partner Martina Hingis retained their top status in the rankings with 11,825 points.
About Serena Williams:
Born in 1981 in Saginaw, Michigan, Serena Williams began intensive tennis training at age 3. She won her first major championship in 1999 and completed the career Grand Slam in 2003. Along with her individual success, Williams teamed with sister Venus to win a series of doubles titles. Her victory at Wimbledon in 2015 made her the oldest Grand Slam singles champion in the Open era.
The current rankings as follows:
1. Serena Williams (America)
2. Agnieszka Radwanska (Poland)
3. Angelique Kerber (Germany)
4. Garbine Muguruza (Spain)
5. Victoria Azarenka (Belarus)
6. Simona Halep (Romania)
7. Petra Kvitova (Czech Republic)
8. Roberta Vinci (Italy)
9. Maria Sharapova (Russia)
10. Belinda Bencic (Switzerland)
So lets do:
1. Serena Williams belongs to which country?
2. Polish Agnieszka Radwanska returned to the ______ place.
Source – The Hindu