Leading direct-to-home television operator Dish TV has extended its tieup with Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan, who has been endorsing the brand for more than eight years, and plans to launch a new pan-India campaign later this week. The company said that as brand ambassador, Khan will continue to play a key role in brand and product communication. Dish TV is the first and only private DTH player in India to turn profitable at the net level. After over a decade of operations, it posted its first net . 3.1 crore in 2014-15.
Dish TV is India’s largest Direct to Home (DTH) television operator using MPEG 4 DVB S2 and MPEG 2 digital compression technology. It is a division of Zee Network Enterprise (Essel Group Venture). It was ranked 437 and 5 on the list of media companies in Fortune India 500 roster of India’s largest corporations in 2011. Dish TV was also voted India’s most trusted DTH brand according to the Brand Trust Report 2014, a study conducted by Trust Research Advisory.
- Dish TV recently introduced a service called Dish Flix which ensures that the users can download and watch a combo collections of about 25 movies per month. The service requires the Dish Flix box to the connected to the STB which is either PVR or HD PVR. Charges are Rs.100 per month. The service is currently available for the Indian region.
- Dish TV uses NSS-6 & SES8 at 95*E to broadcast SD channels whereas it uses AsiaSat 5 satellite to broadcast its HD channels which are 48 in count with 1 Upscaled ultra HD Channel. It is also the first Indian DTH to Use 3 Satellites to beam a Single DTH Service
- Arun Kumar Kapoor as its Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
So lets do:
- Who is the CEO of Dish TV?
- Who is the Brand ambassador of Dish TV?