Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Japanese counterpart Shinzo Abe laid the foundation stone of the 508-km long Mumbai-Ahmedabad High-Speed Rail in Ahmedabad. This is the fourth summit meeting between Modi and Abe.
The two leaders visited the Sabarmati Ashram after Abe’s arrival in Gujarat. The Japanese Prime Minister is on a two-day visit to Gujarat. He will also attend the 12th Indo-Japan Summit.
About the Bullet Train Project in Brief-
- It is 508-km long High Speed Rail that will run between Mumbai-Ahmedabad.
- The cost of the project is Rs 1,10,000-crore.
- Once complete, the train which will have a top speed of 350 km per hour will reduce travel time between the two cities to around 2 hours from the existing 7 hours.
- The Project is scheduled to complete by December 2023 (Tentative).
- The project is mostly on Japanese soft loan.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- Tokyo is the Capital of Japan.
- The Japanese Yen is the third most traded currency in the world.
Source- The Hindu