Saraswat Bank, the largest lender in the co-operative space, has appointed Smita Sandhane as its Managing Director (MD) with effect from 01st April 2017. She is the first woman chief of India’s largest urban co-operative bank.
Prior to her elevation, Sandhane was the Joint Managing Director of the bank. She has been with the bank since 1982. Sandhane has taken over from S.K. Banerji, who retired from the services of the bank on March 31, 2017. Banerji is now an Advisor to the bank’s board.
Takeaways from above News-
- Smita Sandhane has appointed as MD of Saraswat Bank.
- Smita Sandhane is the first woman chief of Saraswat Bank.
- Sandhane has taken over from S.K. Banerji.
- The Saraswat Bank is the largest Co-operative Bank in the country.
- Saraswat Bank inception in 1918.
- Saraswat Bank is based in Mumbai, Maharashtra
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindu Business Line