Union Sports Ministry has decided to provide one lakh rupees per month as out of pocket allowance to the sports persons under the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme in their preparation for the Olympics and Paralympics Games at Rio de Janeiro.
77 Indian athletes in eight disciplines have qualified for the Olympics till date and many more are likely to qualify in the next two months. Target Olympic Podium scheme is a sports ministry initiative under which Olympic medal prospects are funded by the government for top class training as part of their preparations for the Games.
1. IOA President – N. Ramachandran
2. Brazil capital – Brasilia
3. Brazil currency – Brazilian real
4. Brazil Prime Minister – Rousseff
5. Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports is the Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Sarbananda Sonowal.
So let’s do:
1. Who is the Prime Minister of Brazil?
2. Who is the President of Indian Olympic Association?
3. Union Sports Ministry has decided to provide much amount per month under the Target Olympic Podium (TOP) scheme?
Source – The Hindu