Star India plans to launch its over-the-top platform Hotstar in other countries over the next few months. Hotstar is a digital and mobile entertainment platform owned by Novi Digital Entertainment Private Limited (formerly known as Indya Interactive Services Private Limited), a wholly owned subsidiary of STAR India.
The numerous and affluent South Asian diaspora, which for the longest time had been frustrated by the lack of access to its favourite content, will be able to watch cricket, movies and other shows through Hotstar.
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India.
- Hotstar was launched in February last year and has been downloaded over 50 million times.
- The print companies found it difficult to make the transition to TV and almost all the digital successes generally come from companies that did not exist even a decade ago.
- Star India Pvt. Ltd chief executive officer Uday Shankar
So lets do:
- Who is the CEO of Star India Pvt. Ltd?
- ____ India to launch Hotstar service overseas.
Source – The Hindu