The ‘Swachh Survekshan 2017’ survey results were recently announced by Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu. The total 434 cities of India were surveyed. Indore in Madhya Pradesh is India’s cleanest city while Gonda in Uttar Pradesh is the dirtiest, according to the ‘Swachh Survekshan-2017’.
In the survey, Bhusawal in Maharashtra stands second-last in the ranking. Gujarat has the maximum of 12 cities among the top 50 clean cities, closely followed by Madhya Pradesh with 11 and Andhra Pradesh with eight. Uttar Pradesh accounted for half of the bottom 50 cities in the cleanliness ranking.
Top 10 clean cities of India in 2017 are:
- Indore (MP)
- Bhopal (MP)
- Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh)
- Surat (Gujarat)
- Mysuru (Karnataka)
- Tiruchirapally (Tamil Nadu)
- New Delhi Municipal Council (New Delhi)
- Navi Mumbai (Mumbai)
- Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh)
- Vadodara (Gujarat).
Top 5 Dirtiest cities of India (with Rank) in 2017 are:
- Gonda (UP)- 434,
- Bhusawal (Maharashtra)- 433,
- Bagaha (Bihar)- 432,
- Hardoi (UP)- 431,
- Katihar (Bihar)- 430.
Important Takeaways from above News for SBI PO Exam-
- The ‘Swachh Survekshan 2017’ was announced by Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indore in Madhya Pradesh is India’s cleanest city
- Gonda in Uttar Pradesh is the dirtiest city
- Gujarat has the maximum of 12 cities among the top 50 clean cities.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)