In the aftermath of National Governing Council meeting of Aluminium Association of India Tapan Chad elected as AAI chiefTapan Kumar Chand has been unanimously elected as the President of the metal governing body. Prior to his appointment he was serving chairman and Managing Director of National Aluminium Company.
Aluminium Association of India:
Aluminium Association of India, was founded in 1981 to cater the needs of Indian Aluminium Industry and to interface with various aluminium industries world over. It is the head representing the entire spectrum of Indian Aluminium Industries.
- National Aluminium Company Limited, abbreviated as NALCO, (incorporated 1981) has units in Odisha at places like Angul and Damanjodi.
- It was incorporated as a public sector enterprise of the Ministry of Mines, Government of India in 1981.
- The Ministry of Mines, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex body for formulation and administration of the rules and regulations and laws relating to mines in India. The head of the ministry is Shri Narendra Singh Tomar since May 2014.
So lets do:
- Who is the Union minister of Mines?
- Who is the Chief of Aluminium Association of India?
Source – The Hindu