Software major Tata Consultancy Services and utility vehicle maker Mahindra Group top the list of corporates involved in construction of toilets in schools under the government’s Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan initiative, accounting for close to 80 % of the total toilets completed by India Inc.
Programme was launched in August 2014. As on March 1, 2016, the Mahindra Group had constructed 1,171 toilets while Tata Consultancy Services had completed 1,509 toilets out of the total 3,466 toilets constructed by private corporates under the Ministry of Human Resources Development initiative.
Infosys Foundation came in a distant third, having constructed 252 toilets, according to the NSSO’s latest Swachhta Status Report 2016. Industry bodies Confederation of Indian Industry and the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry have constructed 138 and 38 toilets, respectively, under the initiative. Toyota Kirloskar has constructed 69 toilets, while Coca Cola has constructed 14 toilets so far.
1. Tata Consultancy Services Limited (TCS) is an Indian multinational information technology (IT) service, consulting and business solutions company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group and operates in 46 countries. TCS is one of the largest Indian companies by market capitalization ($80 billion).
2. TCS chief N Chandrasekaran.
So lets do:
1. Who is the Chief of TCS ?
2. In which year Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan started ?
3. How many toilets will be constructed by TCS under Swachh Vidyalaya Abhiyan?
Source – The Hindu