Telangana and Maharashtra governments will be signing Memoranda of Understanding to construct five barrages across Godavari and Pen Ganga rivers. MoUs will be held in Mumbai this morning in which Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhara Rao and Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis will take part.
These two states have already expressed mutual consent to construct barrages at various points on these rivers to benefit farmers in both states, Of the five barrages, Maharashtra Government will take up construction of Rajapet and Penpahad barrages while Telangana will take up Chanak-Korata across Penganga River.
- Telangana will also construct Thammidihatti barrage across Pranahita a tributary to Godavari in Adilabad district and Medigadda barrage across Godavari in Karimnagar district.
- The two states will share irrigation water from Medigadda.
- The two states will share irrigation water from Medigadda. On completion of all these projects, over 18 lakh acres will get irrigation facility in the two states.
So lets do:
- Who is the chief minister of Telangna?
- Telangna government signed MoU with which state construct five barrages across Godavari and Pen Ganga rivers?
Source – The Hindu