- It aims to protect the interests of homebuyers across the country and bring transparency.
- The real estate developers will not be allowed to take advances and booking amounts from customers in yet to be launched projects till they are registered with RERA.
- According to the current guidelines, developers have to register their under-construction projects along with all the relevant details with RERA by July 31.
- In case a customer makes three consecutive defaults in payments, the developer will have to give three weeks’ notice to the customer, and if no response is received, the developer can cancel the agreement.
- So far around 13 states and Union Territories (UTs) have reportedly notified their rules. These include Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Delhi.
Thanks for downloading the guide. For similar guides, free study material, quizzes, videos and job alerts you can download the Adda247 app from play store.