The sex ratio in Gujarat has come down to 919 in 2011 from 920 in 2001 as against a significant increase of 10 points in the national average during this period, according to the ‘socio-economic review for 2015-16’ tabled in the State Assembly recently. As against the national figure of 943, the overall sex ratio of Gujarat was 919 females for every 1000 males, placing the state in the 22nd position among 28 states as per the 2011 Census.
- Citing Census 2011, the Review stated that tribal district of Tapi is at the first position with a sex ratio of 1007 followed by other tribal districts Dang (1006) and Dahod (990), whereas Surat is at the last position with just 787
- Gujarat ranked 22nd among 28 states as per the 2011 Census. In rural areas of the state, it has increased by 4 points from 945 in 2001 to 949 in 2011 while in urban areas it remained at 880 in both the years.
- There was an increase in sex ratio in the north-south belt of Gujarat except in Mehsana and Surat districts.
- Who is the chief minister of Gujrat?
- Which city of Gujrat Placed last in sex ratio?