The renewal of the early 20th-century ‘Shijo-cho Ofune-hoko Float Machiya’ has received the Award of Excellence in this year’s UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation. Ten projects from five countries – Australia, China, India, Japan, and Thailand – have been recognized by an international Jury of conservation experts in this year’s Awards.
Other Awardees include:
Award of Distinction:
- The LAMO Center, Ladakh, India.
Award of Merit:
- 5 Martin Place, Sydney, Australia.
- Aijing Zhuang, Fujian, China.
- Commercial Bank of Honjo Warehouse, Saitama, Japan.
- Hengdaohezi Town, Heilongjiang, China.
- Rajabai Clock Tower & University of Mumbai Library Building, Mumbai, India.
- Ruttonsee Muljee Jetha Fountain, Mumbai, India.
New Design in Heritage Contexts:
- Kaomai Estate 1955, Chiang Mai, Thailand.
- The Harts Mill, Port Adelaide, Australia.
Source- The UNESCO
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS PO Mains Exam 2018:
- UNESCO Headquarters: Paris, France, Director-General: Audrey Azoulay, Founded: 16 November 1945.