The UNICEF and GITAM University signed an MoU to empower the adolescents 10-19 years and to address the issues of the adolescents in Visakhapatnam District. The District has been selected as one of the four districts in India to deal with adolescents issues. The other districts which were selected was Purulia, West Bengal, Sibsahar District in Assam and East Singhbum in Jharkhand.
The Visakhapatnam was chosen due to its high incidence of child marriages about 57.4 per cent and a significant size of tribal population. Interacting with GITAM University Vice-Chancellor M.S. Prasada Rao, she informed that as part of the MoU, the UNICEF and the GITAM will identify, develop and sustain the best possible digital platforms.
The UNICEF had also planned to launch user friendly mobile application exclusively for adolescents to share their thoughts on issues ranging from their health to career to protection issues-via text, pictures or even video clips.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
UNICEF will engage audiences with social media messaging and intends to produce more animations. UNICEF’s ask is simple: Show an actofhumanity towards refugee and migrant children and young people. Use actofhumanity to share stories and inspire us and others.
CEO: Anthony Lake
Head: Anthony Lake
Founders: Herbert Hoover, Maurice Pate
1. Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management known as GITAM University is an educational institution in India. It was previously known as GITAM College, affiliated to Andhra University.
2. UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund
3. GITAM Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management
Recent UNICEF in news:
UNICEF Launches Unfairy Tales” Of Refugee And Migrant Children. UNICEF launched a series of animated films to help frame positive perceptions towards the tens of millions of children and young people on the move globally, Called Unfairy Tales, the three animations – true stories of the flight of children from conflict – explain the horror behind why they fled.
So lets do:
1. UNICEF and _______University signed an MoU to empower the adolescents 10-19 years.
2. Who is the CEO of UNICEF?
3. Expand UNICEF?
4. How many members countries in UNICEF?
5. Who is the Founder of UNICEF
6. Where is UNICEF headquater located?
Source – The Hindu