UNICEF launched a series of animated films to help frame positive perceptions towards the tens of millions of children and young people on the move globally, Called Unfairy Tales, the three animations – true stories of the flight of children from conflict – explain the horror behind why they fled.
They have been animated in the style of a fairy tale and will be supported by an interactive e-book experience also called Unfairy Tales. The Unfairy Tales are part of an initiative, actofhumanity, emphasising that children are children, no matter where they come from, and that every child has rights and deserves a fair chance.
One story – “Ivine and the Pillow” animates the true story of 14yr old Ivine and her pillow. After a perilous escape from Syria, Ivine settles at a refugee camp in Germany only to face new challenges. “Malak and the Boat”, tells the tale of a young girl’s voyage in a leaky boat. The third animation depicts the story of Mustafa, who after fleeing his home, wonders who is left to be his friend.
UNICEF promotes the rights and wellbeing of every child, in everything we do. Together with our partners, we work in 190 countries and territories to translate that commitment into practical action, focusing special effort on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded children, to the benefit of all children, everywhere.
- 180LA Executive Creative Directors Rafael Rizuto and Eduardo Marques said, “The Unfairy Tales picture with heartbreaking detail what it’s really like to be a child in that situation, showing that some stories were never meant for children. We needed to tell these stories to make everyone think about it.”
- UNICEF will engage audiences with social media messaging and intends to produce more animations. UNICEF’s ask is simple: Show an actofhumanity towards refugee and migrant children and young people. Use actofhumanity to share stories and inspire us and others.
- CEO: Anthony Lake
- Head: Anthony Lake
- Founders: Herbert Hoover, Maurice Pate
- UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund
So lets do:
- Who is the CEO of UNICEF?
- Expand the UNICEF?
- How many members countries in UNICEF?
- Who is the Founder of UNICEF
- Where is UNICEF headquater located?
Source – The Hindu