Union Govt to introduce coal linkage auction policy for power corporation which did not have such coordinations with Coal India Ltd. Anil Swarup, Coal Secretary said that the current surplus stock with Coal India Ltd (CIL) was a temporary phenomenon.
CIL take several steps for implementing further process :
- Reduction in import of thermal coal
- Improved fuel supply levels
- Better evacuation of pit head coal stock
- Restructuring of debt for power distribution companies had been initiated
- Secretary told six months large states distribution companies would come under the UDAY scheme for restructuring of their debts and unleash demand for coal.
- Coal import has already gone downby 16per cent in the April-January period, which has resulted in Rs. 20,200 crore savings for the government.
- Lower coal import, we are going to save Rs. 25,000-30,000 crore this year (2015-16.
Some important point kept in mind are :
Coal India Limited – A Maharatna Company
State-owned enterprise Public company
Headquarters Kolkata, West Bengal, India
Chairman & MD -Sutirtha Bhattacharya
coal india december quater profit 14%
state owned coal india emarked on 1000mw solar enercy project to save 30% electricity.
So lets discuss some question related to this article which can be asked in the upcoming exams :
1. As per the coal India secretary how much amount saved in 2015-16?
2. Who is the Secretary of coal India
3. Who is the Chairman and MD of coal india?