Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh presented its second budget. Ahead of 2019, general elections, this is considered one of biggest budgetary allocation for the state. UP Finance Minister Rajesh Aggarwal presented a mega budget of over Rs 4.28 lakh crore with a focus on farmers, artisans, youth, infrastructure and urban development.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights–
1. Total budgetary allocation of Rs 4.28 lakh crore.
2. Budgetary allocation 11.4% higher than last fiscal.
3. 20 new agriculture centres to be opened.
4. 5500 centres to be opened to procure wheat from farmers.
5. Rs 50 crore allocated to handicraft and handloom sector.
6. Rs 150 crore allocated to provide subsidized electricity to weavers.
7. Rs 8815 crore located to women and child welfare programs.
8. Chief Minister Self Employment Scheme has been allocated Rs 100 crore.
9. Startup fund of Rs 250 crore has been created.
10. Rs 404 crore allocated for madrassa modernisation.
11. Rs 920 crore allocated for rural road construction and widening.
12. Rs 500 crore for metro projects across the state.