Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the two-day ‘UP Investors Summit’ in Lucknow. It is the first such event by the Yogi Adityanath government. The summit is aimed at showcasing investment opportunities and potential across various sectors in Uttar Pradesh.
It was emphasised that Uttar Pradesh government should compete with Maharashtra to become the first Indian state with a trillion-dollar economy.
Highlights of Day 1-
1. Uttar Pradesh has signed 1,045 pacts worth Rs4.28 trillion on the first day of the UP investors’ summit.
2. PM Modi announced Rs20,000 crore defence corridor for Bundelkhand.
3. The Aditya Birla Group will invest Rs 25,000 crore in Uttar Pradesh over the next 5 years.
4. Reliance Industries chief Mukesh Ambani promised investment of another Rs10,000 crore through Jio in the next three years.
5. Adani Group will invest Rs 35,000 crore in UP over the next five years in various sectors.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Exam-
- UP Governor- Ram Naik.
- Pilibhit Tiger Reserve & Wildlife Sanctuary is located in UP.