Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu was on a seven-day 3-South African nation visit to Botswana, Zimbabwe, and Malawi. He visited Botswana on first leg, Zimbabwe on second and on the third leg he visited Malawi. Here are the complete highlights of 3 nation visit of M Venkaiah Naidu.
3-day Visit to Botswana
Currency: Botswana pula
President: Dr. Mokgweetsi Eric Masisi
- Botswana decided to join the International Solar Alliance,
- M. Venkaiah Naidu attended the India-Botswana CEO Roundtable in Gaborone.
- He visited the state-of-the-art diamond sorting and valuation operating facility ‘The Diamond Trading Company Botswana’. It is the second largest Diamond Trading company in the world.
- MoU was signed for waiving Visa for Diplomatic Passport holders.
3-day Visit to Zimbabwe
Currency: US dollars, South African rand, Euro.
President: Mr. Emmerson Mnangagwa
Vice President, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu reached Harare, Zimbabwe for his 2nd leg of the official tour at the invitation of Vice President of Zimbabwe.
- Vice President announced the US$ 310 million Line of Credit for up-gradation of Hwange Thermal Power Station. It is Zimbabwe’s second biggest power plant with an installed capacity of 920 MW.
- US$23 million Line of Credit for rehabilitation of Bulawayo Thermal Power Plant,
- US$19.5 million Line of Credit for Deka Pumping & River Water Intake System,
- Assistance for construction of Mahatma Gandhi Convention Centre,
- US$2.93 million grant for Up-gradation of INDO-Zim Technology Centre.
- India, Zimbabwe sign 6 agreements in various fields including Mining & Visa waiver:
- Mr. Naidu addressed the India-Zimbabwe Business Forum meeting in Harare, Zimbabwe.
2-day Visit to Malawi
Currency: Malawian kwacha.
President: Prof. Arthur Peter Mutharika.
- Attended the Malawi-India Business Meet, in Lilongwe, Malawi.
- The MOUs are Extradition treaty, MoU on cooperation in the field of atomic energy for peaceful purposes between Global Center for Nuclear Energy in a partnership of the Department of Atomic Energy and the Ministry of Natural Resources, Energy and Mining of Malawi, MOU on visa waiver agreement for diplomatic and official passports.
- Inaugurated a very unique event, India for Humanity to commemorate the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.