Top Indian discus thrower Vikas Gowda retired after competing at the highest level for more than 15 years, during which he became the first and only Indian male to win Commonwealth Games medal in the discipline.
He has not taken part in any major international event since winning a bronze in the Asian Championships in 2017 in Bhubaneswar. His retirement was announced by the Athletics Federation of India. Gowda holds the national record of 66.28m (achieved in 2012).
Important Medals of his Life Includes:
- Gold in the 2013 and 2015 Asian Championships,
- Silver in the 2010 Commonwealth Games,
- Gold in the 2014 Glasgow CWG,
- Bronze in 2010 Asian Games, and
- Silver in 2014 Asian Games.
Source- The Hindu