Indian Test Captain Virat Kohli kept his Performance at the top helped his side into the semifinals of the World Twenty20 after defeating Australia, has replaced Aaron Finch as the number one batsman in the latest ICC T20 rankings. Number-one ranked India will go head to head with third- ranked West Indies in Mumbai , while in the first semi-final in Delhi while second-ranked New Zealand will square-off against fifth-ranked England.
The second semi-final in Mumbai will witness the battle of top players. Spinner Samuel Badree is the current world number one bowler in T20Is. Chris Gayle is at 6th position among batsmen. In the bowlers rankings, India’s Ravinchandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja feature in the Top-10. Ashwin has slipped 2 places to be at 3rd while Jadeja moved up 3 spots to be at 7th.
Virat Kohli is an Indian cricketer. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional right-arm medium pace bowler. He is the current captain of the Indian team in Test cricket and vice-captain in limited overs formats. In the Indian Premier League (IPL), he captains the Royal Challengers Bangalore.
ICC T20I Rankings for batsmen (As on March 29, 2016) :
1. Virat Kohli – India (871 points)
2. Aaron Finch – Australia (803)
3. Martin Guptill – New Zealand (762)
4. Faf du Plessis – South Africa (741)
5. Alex Hales – England (737)
T20I Team Rankings
1. India 127 points
2. New Zealand 122
3. West Indies 120
4. South Africa 115
5. England 115
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) is the international governing body of cricket. It was founded as the Imperial Cricket Conference in 1909 by representatives from England, Australia and South Africa, renamed the International Cricket Conference in 1965, and took up its current name in 1989.
- ICC headquater – United Arab Emirates
- ICC Chairman – Shashank Manohar
So lets do:
- Who is the Chairman of ICC?
- Which India batsman placed no.1 in ICC T20I Ranking?
- Where is the ICC headquater is Situated?
- Who is the Indian Test Team Captain?
Source – The Hindu