5 times world chess champion Viswanathan Anand will be honoured with the Hridaynath Award, which felicitates and recognises successful individuals across the country from various walks of life. The honour will be a cash award of Rs 2 lakh and a memento.
State Governor C Vidyasagar Rao will present the award to the 46-year-old sportsman at an event here on April 12. The previous recipients of the award include eminent personalities like Lata Mangeshkar, Babasaheb Purandare, Asha Bhosle, Amitabh Bachchan, Hariprasad Chaurasia and A R Rahman.
Viswanathan “Vishy” Anand is an Indian chess Grandmaster and a former World Chess Champion. Viswanathan Anand became India’s first grandmaster in 1988. He held the FIDE World Chess Championship from 2000 to 2002. He became the undisputed World Champion in 2007 and defended his title against Vladimir Kramnik in 2008. He then defended his title in the World Chess Championship 2010 against Veselin Topalov and in the World Chess Championship 2012 against Boris Gelfand. In the World Chess Championship 2013 he lost to challenger Magnus Carlsen and he lost again to Carlsen in the World Chess Championship 2014.
- The guests of honour for the ceremony will be Maharashtra Culture Minister Vinod Tawde and Pandit Hridaynath Mangeshkar, while Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan will be a special guest for the evening.
- Maharashtra governor – C. Vidyasagar Rao
So lets do:
- Who won the Hridaynath Award 2016?
- Who is the Governor of Maharastra?
- Magnus Carlsen related to which game?
- Who is the Maharashtra Culture Minister?