The World Autism Awareness Day 2017 has been observed across the world on 02 April 2017. The 2017 theme for the day is “Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination”. World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day, encouraging the Member States of the United Nations to take measures to raise awareness about children with autism throughout the world.
Autism is a lifelong neurological condition that manifests during early childhood, irrespective of gender, race or socio-economic status. The term Autism Spectrum refers to a range of characteristics. Appropriate support, accommodation, and acceptance of this neurological variation allow those on the Spectrum to enjoy equal opportunity and full and effective participation in society.
Takeaways from above News-
- The World Autism Awareness Day observed on 02nd April.
- World Autism Awareness Day is an internationally recognized day.
- The 2017 theme for World Autism Awareness day is “Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination”.
- World Autism Awareness day encouraging the Member States of the United Nations.
- Antonio Guterres is Secretary-General of United Nations (UN).
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The United Nations