World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has approved a loan assistance of 44 million dollars for the Assam State Public Finance Institutional Reforms (ASPIRe) Project. The loan was sanction by World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development) in its meeting held at Washington DC, USA.
The project aims at improving predictability and transparency in budget execution and efficiency in tax administration in Assam. ASPIRe project is based on three important components:
1. Strengthening public finance institutional capacity
2. Strengthening expenditure and revenue information systems
3. On project management, monitoring and evaluation, and coordination.
Important Takeaways from Above News-
- The world Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., United States.
- Jim Yong Kim is the President of the World Bank.
Source- Business Standard