World Tuberculosis Day celebrated on 24 March each year. It is an opportunity to raise awareness about the burden of tuberculosis (TB) worldwide and the status of TB prevention and care efforts.
The theme for World Tuberculosis Day 2017 is ‘Unite to End TB: Leave no one behind’. 2017 is the second year of a two-year “Unite to End TB” campaign for World TB Day.
Takeaways from above News-
- World Tuberculosis Day celebrated on 24 March
- The theme for WTD 2017 is ‘Unite to End TB: Leave no one behind’
- It is organized by World Health Organization (WHO)
- Headquarter of WHO is in Geneva, Switzerland
- Margaret Chan is the Director-General of WHO.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Business Standard